Wednesday 8 April 2020

Monday, March 30th, 2020


Toronto, Ontario

Be Careful, Grateful, Helpful

I viewed the interview of Edna Boone, 100 at the time, and a survivor of the pandemic flu that hit the globe in 1918. She was ten when, after WWI, this deadly influenza came to her town in the southern states. Very revealing! Please review and become aware.    https://youtu.be/7k20VFZeLKY

When I take my daily walk, I see people in the park (usually Ramsden Park). I sense, as they do, that we are all in a fragile world and we need to be careful, grateful and helpful.

As one man put it, when he saw me at the edge of the park, “There’s doom and we are feeling it.“

I bump into this fellow periodically. He’s a character, but there a certain reality about him. I stopped to hear him. He usually doesn’t accommodate hearing from others, but anyways.

“Separation brings sorrow.“

I assume he meant separation from the Creator.

“Enjoyment brings pain.“

I can’t argue with that. Krishna makes that clear in the Gita. “Duality is a reality (my phrase).”  I walked on. He kept talking, loudly and clearly.

At the same time, we can’t be too depressed. I find that if you listen to people who don’t have time to hear you then you’re left frustrated. If you listen to the news too much you can get depressed. Broadcasters don’t leave you with hope.

So what do you do in tough times? ‘Cogitate!’ was a word that came my way on Instagram. One way to translate that is to contemplate, or meditate.

I read a chapter from The Ramayana, about the stories of Ram, and it went on the Internet. You can access it by this link.   https://www.facebook.com/174452304502/videos/684157395659832/

Available on ISKCON Toronto Facebook page.

May the source be with you!
4 km

No comments: