Tuesday 21 April 2020

Thursday, April 16, 2020


Toronto, Ontario

I Put In My Seven


I put in my 7 kilometres for the day, which was a productive day considering I’m locked down like almost everyone else.  I am to understand that not all places are tight on restrictions like much of the world.  I spoke to someone from Guyana and who has connections with Trinidad where life is fairly “normal.” In touch with Cuba, as I go there annually, and right now there are no tourists which Cuba’s economy depends upon.  One of my friends from Cuba said it plain and simple, “It’s dead.”

But here in North America, where there is incredible slow down (and in Canada where I live) I can catch up on tasks that I had intended to tackle—tasks such as compiling my poems, gathering my theatrical-written scripts for grammatical checking and basically preparing for future publication.

I’m also doing whatever prep work is required for four broadcasts this week for Toronto, Milton and Farmington Hills in Michigan, as well as an appeal for financial assistance for our temple (and ashrams) during this pandemic misfortune.  The former three broadcasts involve talks on spiritual direction such as steps taken during a calamity or what are the character qualities in the saint Prahlad that we can emulate?  Especially when the circumstances are perilous like now.

Stay safe!  Stay good!

May the Source be with you!
7km

No comments: