Wednesday 8 April 2020

Friday, April 3rd, 2020


Toronto, Ontario

A Good Time – Really Good

At 2:45 a.m. on Avenue Road, I heard a female passenger remarking to a cab driver, from just outside the vehicle, “Oh look, there’s a real monk!”

“Yeah, that’s a Hare Krishna! They’re nice people.“

Being only a few metres away, and at a most quiet time (especially these days), I caught the exchange, waved, smiled and went on my way.

Onward to Bloor, and near the Bata Shoe Museum, I came upon a musician with his guitar strapped to his back. “How are yah?“ he asked.

“Fine! And you?“

“Are you guys still serving those great meals, at your restaurant, for $10?“

“Definitely, but not at the moment.“

“Ahh! Shutdown like everyone else, eh?!“

“I’m afraid so! Take care! Be safe!“

I went as far as Christie Pitts where you find a tiger’s framed image lit up by fine lights (except for now—trying to save on the electricity, I guess).  Then I turned east on Bloor where a guy in one of those garbage trucks pulled over. He started and finished the whole mantra for me with no personal introduction. “Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/ Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare. Oops! I have to go!“ The light had turned green.

Now eastbound on Bloor and two young men on their way to work noticed me coming.  “Haribol!” said one of them.

I responded, because that’s my kind of language.

“Is there an ISKCON temple here?“

“Yes, I live there.“

“We are from Punjab. They are building a big, big temple there.“

We made friends. “Come to visit our temple. Here’s my card. Stay in touch…but don’t touch.“

May the Source be with you!
7 km

No comments: