Monday 17 September 2018

Tuesday, September 11th, 2018

Kobleve, Ukraine

Kirtan Is Life

Our retreat is located on the north shore of the Black Sea at the Vita Park Hotel, in a series of modern-looking units.  Outside my one window at #34, I have a pond with a fountain to look at. The door entrance opens to other units occupied by other devotee world travellers.

I’m giving seminars on Kirtan Standards.  Today was Day #1.  Attendees were approximately 120.  Our hall was full.  Considering there are maybe 5-6,000 registered, it is a relatively small number to show up for the talk, but people have many options.  I’m not complaining.  Incidentally, I dedicated my presentation to the victims of 9/11 in New York, the attack on the twin towers, in the year 2001. The feedback of that Day #1 went well.  https://www.payitforward911.org/

I’m also inclined to announce the loss of another brother (spiritual brother). Gunagrahi Goswami passed away from cancer last weekend in Vrndavana, India.  I looked up to him as a big brother, for it was when I joined in the spring of ’73 that he was well into administration at our Buffalo, New York centre. Always kind to others, he was an inspiration.  I know he’s doing better now in another abode.  For the last two years when I came to visit him he had a big kirtanat his dwelling every night.  So he did it the right way.  It was of no surprise that he was dying and would leave us.  He left prepared.  He invited me to Buenos Aires some years ago.  My annual visits to Argentina are because of him.  

And so I say to him, “Adios amigo!”  

May the Source be with you!
6 km



No comments: