Monday 17 September 2018

Friday, September 14th, 2018

Kobleve, Ukraine

Sing Dance Sweat

It has been almost one year since I became a senior citizen.  At age 65, I don’t always feel it, but sometimes yes.  With the energy output of leading kirtanand dance moves, I feel like a live wire at times.

The weather has been mostly damp and a little on the cool side and stiffness of muscles can be a bit of a reality when waking in the morning.  The way to address this issue is to engage in some hot bhaktiyoga. Sing, dance, sweat, could be the best formula or prescription.  If I had begun stiff, I no longer felt it after a few sways, spins, whirls or twirls.

If you look up the word ‘dance’ you’ll come up with something like, “A series of steps and movements that match the speed and rhythm of a piece of music.”  The amazing therapy which comes thereafter is something remarkable in terms of achievement.    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnu4QKHn7h5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=rf3h00plsrm1

What I also find healing about this festival, the Bhakti Sangamin its 20thyear, is the location of our retreat, which clearly covers an area of a one kilometre walk.  You do that several times a day and the number gradually adds up.

I was going at a good clip on one of those short walks, avoiding puddles, just today, and I caught up with one monk senior to myself.  Jayadvaita Swami is one of those veterans of bhakti.  In age and wisdom, he exceeds me, so for a walking speed, I had to compromise and slow down.  That’s okay, just a few moments of the monk’s company and it’s worth it.

May the Source be with you!
6 km


No comments: