Monday 17 September 2018

Thursday, September 13th, 2018

Kobleve, Ukraine

Slimy Guys

“There were so many jellyfish in the Black Sea, you could hardly see the water,” I told my swimming companions.  Of course, that’s a slight exaggeration, but those spineless creatures were certainly in abundance.  One of them brushed my thigh.  He was a fair-sized one, hard to maneuver.  They contract and expand.  Once washed up on the beach, they appear like transparent plastic bags.  They are more or less pronounced dead.  I recall seeing one on the beach, at age five, when my Mom took me to Holland.  There on the sand lay one of Krishna’s interesting entities from the sea.  I remember people saying in Dutch to be careful, that they can give you a form of paralysis for some time.

I was reminded of an instance in Mayapura, India, when a professional Russian actor came to help us with our drama workshop.  He suggested as an exercise to imagine ourselves being in a large bowl of jello.  We were to move in that jello and eventually wiggle our way out.  It was interesting.

Dipping into the Black Sea was an experience from another angle apart from the slimy creatures.  The Black Sea is actually brown.  That colour doesn’t bother me necessarily.  The temperature of the sea was fine and the liquid did loosen my limbs somewhat.

In fact, I'm doing a bit more dancing than usual, which invokes a good sweat.  As my dear god brother, Niranjan Swami, expressed to me this afternoon, that as you progress in years, you do move less fluidly.

May the Source be with you!
6 km

No comments: