Friday 13 October 2017

Sunday, October 8th, 2017

Mumbai, India

The Little Ones On Board

My flight from Toronto to India was direct, no stopovers.  Hallelujah!  But not all passengers aboard Air Canada Flight 046 were happy campers.  It seems that on any airlines taking you to Mother India, there are going to be lots of babies.  It becomes well known during the descent of the aircraft.  The mouths of the little ones become so obvious.  They might be classified as ideal meditation crashers.

Personally, I love the sound of those future leaders.  The crying is simply a voice that says, “I’m coming and I’m coming to impact you.”  With every new generation, we can anticipate major contributions along the way, in addition to compounding an already crazy world.

In fact, we live in the age of Kali according to our Vedic teachings.  It’s a time of dark thinking and doing.  On the bright side, members of this malevolent time can know that through quiet meditation, or even a happy boisterous one, as in kirtan, that a redeeming and uplifting experience can be felt.

I’m ever so grateful to my guru, Prabhupada, who came from India to the west to make the kirtan or chanting investment.  While going through customs, after landing in Mumbai, I had my preoccupation in japa, chanting on the beads.  Believe me, the queue is long and I don’t have to bear as much anguish like others.  I noticed at least the babies in Mummy or Daddy’s arms are also quiet now.  May they use their potent lung-power as a dovetailing to spiritual practices down the road.

Yes, the human voice is made for kirtan.

May the Source be with you!

0 km


No comments: