Wednesday 28 October 2015

Monday, October 26th, 2015

Monday, October 26th, 2015
Carrolltown, Pennsylvania


Nice Officer



Officer Smith ended up walking with Vivasvan and I for a few yards.  At that time, I mentioned to him how team work is required.  “In our tradition, with roots from India, people like me try to give guidance and direction.  We are pro-active.  In your role as a ksatriya, a member of the warrior class, you are re-active, assisting those who can't follow the directives.”

The officer, who was really nice, remarked, “A warrior – I’ve never heard it put that way.”

There was more response from the public, a residual effect of the pilgrimage story being covered in the ‘Indiana Gazette.’  One woman we met told us she was on her way to pick up her sons, 17 & 4, to go out harvesting hickory nuts.  Another woman stopped her car right on the road while the traffic was lulled.  With tears in her eyes she asked if I was the one walking.  I said, “Yes!”  In the passenger’s seat was her son who was suffering from an anxiety attack and so she was bringing him to a gospel place of prayer.  I shook hands with him and encouraged him towards upbeatness.

“The sun is shining.  Just look up.  There’s God.”

Naturally I prayed for him.

Our gracious host for the evening was a family from Gujarat who manage a ‘Quality Inn.’  For the evening stay, there was no problem.  For an evening meal, no problem.  Then I proceeded to say something from Chapter Nine of the Bhagavad-gita.

“Currently we are all duratma which means we are a bit crooked.  We must strive towards greatness – mahatma.”

May the Source be with you!

23 miles / 37 km

No comments: