Sunday 25 October 2015

Friday, October 16th, 2015

Friday, October 16th, 2015
Tyrone, Pennsylvania

Shooting Stars


Shooting stars we saw.   We viewed with awe.  Our walking route also called for a section through the forest.  The kicking of leaves, which created a hissing sound, and moving shadows conjured up from our flashlights spooked Tre’von in the darkness of the early morning.  We could still see the stars above but they were blinking because of the effect of passing through the trees.  Owls were making their sound.  These were great sensations. 
Paul had made a jovial deal with us the night before, “Come to Mass with me in the morning and I’ll take you to the newspaper place for a story.”  Paul, our B&B host, placed this loving condition on us which, to us, was irresistible.  We sealed the deal.  We like both of the venues and their people.  We sat in at the Christian service and then ventured off to the Herald, the local paper, for an interview.  This was followed by visiting a new-age shop which was newly opened.  We happened to be there just before the ribbon cutting ceremony.  There I met briefly with the local senator.  I told him of our guru’s benevolent work and how he came to the US fifty years ago from India and launched the Hare Krishna Movement. 
I asked him, “How are things?”
“Lots of problems,” he said with a smile.
“I can imagine,” was my response. 
From that downtime in Tyrone’s downtown, I proceeded onto the highway going up the mountain and entered into deer hunting country.  1600 acres are allotted for the hunt in this area.  At one point, a young fellow, plumber by profession, pulled over and graced us with a donation.  He liked what we were doing and then happily received from us our favourite mantra, the Hare Krishna mantra.  He wanted to invite us to his home but he remarked, “My wife would think I was crazy.”
May the Source be with you!
21 miles / 33 km

No comments: