Saturday 30 May 2015

Sunday, May 10th, 2015

Sunday, May 10th, 2015               
Moundsville, West Virginia
The Performance


Since Friday evening, we had been practicing for the drama, “Blue Mystic”.  I usually experience miracles through transcendental theatre projects such as this. 

A young man, Shaun, 18, from Toronto that was going to play the ‘Mystic’, Himself, just returned from a trip to India and came back with a serious ear infection.  The prospect of his playing the part fell through.  So, as my Hindu friends would say, “When there is a puzzle or a peril, ‘What to do?’”. 

Fortunately, I usually have in mind, some understudy or a backup person to depend on, just in case.  I am always looking, hunting you might say, for fresh talent.  On my last trip to Michigan, I met a young man named Jake, with a decent build and height.  With long, but well groomed hair, and with a kind of a boyish face.  He also told me that he has a martial arts background.  I had determined from my first meeting him that he has a good nature and is direct able.  In other words, he would be able to take directions quite well.  He agreed for the part.  And that is what I call a miracle.  And I didn’t have to look too hard.

Today was the day for our performance at the Palace Lodge at the New Vrindavan community.  Yadhunath and company from New York, had just completed their comedic and serious drama pieces which very much moved the audience.  Then our troupe came on.  Shortly thereafter, I announced my walk for September retracing the route our guru, Srila Prabhupada, took when he first arrived in America.

The lights went on.  “Lights”, “Camera”, (yes, someone was filming unofficially), and “Action”.  The actors did a near stellar performance (It’s never perfect, is it?).  The implementation of storm and star effects was well executed and so was the ballet by Balaram.  And there was a good fight at the end with the victor, Krishna, The Blue Mystic, inspiring and arousing the audience.

What I leaned – work hard, and for Krishna.

May the Source be with you!


5 km

No comments: