Sunday 24 May 2015

Monday, April 27th, 2015

Monday, April 27th, 2015
Brampton, Ontario

Sita’s Birthday


Today is the birthday of Sri Sita Devi, the consort and goddess of Ram.  Knowing this, I received an extra inward boost as I have so much reverence towards such a loyal personality as Sita.  Her devotion is unswerving, endless, a clear reflection of the soul in the eternal world.  I guess that’s one of the reasons why I relish directing and producing the plays from the epics like the Ramayan.  It is, from this great book, that I learn to admire such extraordinary people – mortals, celestials and avatars, who carry such a high demeanour of character.  Because of the productions I feel a growing closeness towards the personalities who demonstrate inspirational fortitude. 

While passing the morning hours still in DC, the USA, I did venture a short while with comrade, Dhruva, along a Potomac trail by big mansions and finely maintained golf courses. 

My second installment for the day for walking was in the burbs of Brampton in a less green ravine, yet promising to be so in a matter of days.  It is spring, and even in this more northern section of North America, you can see, smell, and feel the incremental spring coming on.

My evening was blessed by converging with some of our resident devotees from our downtown ashram.  The place was in the home of Sanjaya, a fairly newly married young man from our community.  Here we chanted and feasted.  I cannot keep in my memory the name of his good wife.  Every day I meet new folks, names start stacking up, but I try.  I could not remember the name of their young one either, a pet dog actually.  I do wish the couple well, and as for all couples that are well situated with good communication abilities who are principled and are financially okay, I bless that they will have lots of kids, kids who will learn about Sita Devi. 

May the Source be with you!

7 km

No comments: