Tuesday 3 March 2015

Wednesday, February 25th, 2015

Mayapur, India

The Main Thing


"At the most it's one and a half kilometre, please join me," I encouraged one of our Canadian pilgrims.

I was set to do this short trek and I like the company.  Krishna Balaram, the pilgrim referred to is a bee keeper back home.  He produces honey, a terribly fantastic-tasting variety, in the area of the Laurentian Mountains.  In fact Krishna Balaram is quite sold-out to self-sustaining living.  He made a good attempt in collaboration with a few friends with a base in a rustic country home in Quebec.  At this point, however, not all the ingredients necessary to bring the project to fruition became a reality as of yet.

"Never give up!" is my motto in such endeavours.  Like walking it's worth the effort, always a little hard to psych yourself up and get the machinery going, but once started, it's like a piece of cake.  

Krishna Balaram is a real hero in my estimation for targeting the "simple living, high thinking" model.  He only showed a tiny apprehension about the walk.  He's rather short compared to my stature.  "I heard you walk fast!" he remarked.

"Hey, don't worry, I'll adjust to your speed.  The main thing is to walk."  And so we did, four of us.  We trekked before the sun came up and by the elephants who have their breakfast early enough - a breakfast of banana stalks and leaves.  It's all a great way to start the day even if you start with 1.5 KM.

May the Source be with you!

6 KM

No comments: