Sunday 8 March 2015

Saturday, February 28th, 2015

Mayapur, India

Last Day


It's the last day of the month but dates as we (humans) have established according to the movements of heavenly bodies like the sun and moon, mean as little to certain creatures in the dhama (sacred ground) here in Mayapur.

Just outside our room in the Gada Building is a hornet's nest.  Affixed to the ceiling, these brown-winged fellows buzz around not bothering anyone very much.  They have their purpose, to multiply and survive.  You just have to watch yourself when hanging your wet clothes out to dry over the balcony wall.

An just around the corner by the stairwell leading to the ground level, you find, a dove set to roost within a light fixture.  The fixture is shaped like a sea shell, so it appears cupped, perfect for laying twigs in and leaves for nesting.  The construction of this nest is a team effort.  I assume it's the female that's sitting upon the bulb.  It must be warm for her.  The second dove goes out, presumably the male, gathering the goods for the nest.  I see him regularly.  He's busy.  And I'm sure Feb 28th means nothing to the love couple.  Only their love and instinctive plans means everything.

Now, to one of my room-mates, today has become significant to him.  Jon and I got our accommodation almost a month ago.  With his initiation he's now Jnanagamya.  Jnanagamya pointed out to me on one of my breaks in the room that actor Leonard Nimoy passed away on this day.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Facebook.  I liked his character, Mr Spock.  I was an extra in one of his movies, Holy Matrimony."

"Congratulations!  I guess it's a great day."  I thought somewhere along the line Krishna blesses everyone in some way, shape, or form.

May the Source be with you!

6 KM

No comments: