Tuesday 2 December 2014

Wednesday, November 19th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario
 
Favorites
 
At the Tuesday sanga led in our ashram last evening, I was asked to prepare a message. I chose to speak on my favorite verses from the Bhagavad Gita. I would say that I have about 10 verses that I have picked that are most endearing to me personally. I also gave a brief explanation as to why they are my chosen ones.
 
I see no harm in embracing words that resonate the most. Here goes:
(BG 4:35) "Having obtained real knowledge from a self-realized soul, you will never fall again into such illusion, for by this knowledge you will see that all living things are but a part of the Supreme, or, in other words that they are Mine."
 
My comment: Here, Krishna gives reassurance that after assimilating the wisdom He imparted, one will be protected. Secondly, the true perception of the world is that all creatures have a divine connection with Him.
 
Verse 2 (BG 5:18) "The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision, a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog, and a dog eater."
 
My comment: This verse speaks of spiritual equality over physical difference.
 
Verse 3 (BG 7:8) "O son of Kunti, (Arjuna), I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable Om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.
 
Comment: Here, most profound, is the fact that Divine presence is identified in basic things, not excluding our outputs. We can take little credit for what we do.
 
May the Source be with You!
 
0 KM

No comments: