Saturday 20 December 2014

Tuesday, December 16th, 2014

Saranagati Village, BC
 
Let me Stretch
 
 
I am back in mountain air, dry and clean. While my greeters / drivers, couple Manu das and Satarupa dasi, drove me from the city of Kamloops to Venables Valley, we stopped for motor oil. Their young 8 year old, Nikunja Bihari, and I, took the road for a short stretch. Why wait for the purchase? Let me stretch. I have gone through three airports before I met this family, just sitting around. Let’s take advantage of the opportunity.
 
Nikunja and I extended our little game, I spy with my little eye, something that is...RED. This was engaging as much as the walk. What I admired about today was the light sprinkle of snow cast over the barren mountains. Yes, I spy with my little eye, the beauty of nature. Once reaching the valley, and the village of Saranagati, Manu and I added a trek towards his new work-in-progress home, built solidly of Douglas fir. This area of greater green is graced with mostly coniferous trees. I was happy to hear the pine beetle was less of an issue. They appear to operate in cycles. Their ravaging of pine and spruce has drastically decreased. Then, at a dear friends, Kripanidhi’s home, the community converged for a Krishna Conscious group’s usual, some chanting, followed by a discussion on the Gita’s verse; param drstva nivartate, about the higher taste in sound.
 
May the source be with you!
 
5 KM

No comments: