Wednesday 5 November 2014

Wednesday, October 29th, 2014

Clermont, Florida

Before The Dawn


Before the crack of dawn I heard something crackling. A brittle dead branch snapped off its tall tree hitting several other branches on its decent to the ground. I cleared it while on the road side during this early trek. Also I heard a rustling in the bushes but my flashlight was not quick enough to detect which animal. Roosters made their cry. It started with one, then another, and another coming from different directions, different farms. This was followed by the chorus of coyotes. Crickets were conspicuous by their absence.

At juncture highway 237 I turned a right towards Gainesville anticipating a pick up from Ananta Sesha. The road’s shoulder was practically nil so with oncoming traffic I stepped into the land of wet grass. Seeds of this clung on into the hundreds. And as I plucked them from my robes I felt no encumbrance because with each flick of seed I uttered a mantra. The modus operandi is to transcendentalize every action.

Eventually Ananta came and drove me to the Gainesville Krishna House for conducting a Q and A session on the philosophy of Bhagavat Dharma. Questions were meaningful, not robotic inquiries or lacking in substance or relevance. They had depth. And their responses, in terms of effectiveness, lies in the ears and reason of the listeners. It’s not for me to say.

The other book end to the day was a presentation of Tales from Trails followed by an offering of ghee-drenched cotton sticks in homage of Damodara, Krishna as a child. At this Bhakti Center in Clermont a good crowd really took to song and dance.

May the Source be with you!

10 KM

No comments: