Saturday 23 August 2014

Thursday, August 21st, 2014


Toronto, Ontario

Tiny Spirit


Hanuman is a Columbian visiting us for some time in the ashram.  He and I, and Praveen, took a stroll before Surya (the Sun) poked his head over the horizon.  We were in the downtown on Yonge Street, so you couldn’t actually very well see that ball of glory beyond all the buildings unless you peeked east at a street running longitudinally. 

There are a number of men who work at the waste management plant nearby.  They are getting accustomed to seeing us on our devotional daily walk.   While they carry huge coffee cups in hand, they make a point to greet us with a, “Good morning”.

I had a humbling thought, “I am waste, I’m garbage.  Maybe they can manage me.”  It’s not for you to worry about a perceived low self-esteem issue, but I’m definitely not made of all clean stuff.  I’ll be the first to admit to the refuse within me.  I’m working on it though, I stay in positive company, hear positive sound, and eat positive prasadam(food that’s blessed).  I try to stay positively engaged in Krishna’s service.  I had the good fortune to deliver a class each day this week, it’s very purifying for me.  We have been speaking about the progenitors of the world, their rule and their counsel.  Reading and teaching from the ‘Bhagavatam’ reminds me of the smallness that I’m in and putting things in the real perspective.  I am a tiny spirit set in this universe.  I am a servant trying to get clean. 

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: