Thursday 14 August 2014

Monday, August 11th, 2014

Vancouver, British Columbia

Every Day

Every day of one’s life, one should ride on the power of a message.  Walking for me is down time, if not, up time, because you have opportunity then to elevate the consciousness.  I always try to have one of the many empowering statements of the Bhagavad Gita to dominate the day and to be with me when I’m moving my feet. 

Today’s verse came not so randomly, but was triggered  by someone’s question.  Verse 3.26 came to me like some divine dove that did dive down from the sky.  It’s about encouragement.  Here it is, along with the transliteration:

na buddhi-bhedaṁ janayed
ajñānāṁ karma-saṅginām
joṣayet sarva-karmāṇi
vidvān yuktaḥ samācaran


So as not to disrupt the minds of people attached to the fruitive results of prescribed duties, a learned person should not induce them to stop work, rather, by working in the spirit of devotion, he/she should engage them in all sorts of activities.
 
Here, the message is not to discourage people, but to encourage and inspire them in the spirit of devotion.  The task left to those who will take up this obligation then, is to ask ourselves, “What can I say or do to inspire service in others?”

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: