Thursday 20 February 2014

Tuesday, February 18th, 2014

Packed

Mayapura, India
 
I share a small room with two other people 20 and 35 years my junior. We get along.  We are working together on the drama project, so there some commonality there.  One of the follows is married.  The other is hoping to be.  We even tolerate each others snoring.
 
Mayapura is full with pilgrims.  We share a room not necessarily out of choice.  Its OK! As I said, I get along with my company, at least during our sleeping and shower time.
 
When its breakfast and lunch I meet with the other pilgrims who come from all over the world: China, South America, UK, Germany, USA, Canada, Austrailia, Bali, Thailand, etc.  I minimize time on eating and go from table to table to meet everyone, in fact I can't get around to everyone.  There are eight hundred people sitting and enjoying the meal.  The luncheon room at the ISKCON Leaders Sanga, ILS, is just huge.  My reason average one minute of time per table is greeting.
 
This 'greeting' is a segue into the seminar I attended on the world famous Krishna Love Feast.  The reason for this seminar was to step-up the quality presentation at these feast that have attracted people for decades.
 
One of the main thrusts towards improving the Sunday Krishna Love Feast is in the warm greetings.  In some places the program tends to be lagging behind, to that we might celebrate the phrase, "if you are looking for a breakthrough, try breaking your routine!"
 
Its all about people, isn't it?  And India if full of them, one billion.  Things can be tight in a country full of people.  Its a great place to learn tolerance.
 
May the Source be with you!
 
5 KM

No comments: