Thursday 30 May 2013

Wednesday, May 29th, 2013

That one I just sent was a mistake! Here is the right one:

Grant Me

Toronto, Ontario

In a fast car you would never notice plaques of historical significance. I ambled along my way near Mud Creek when I stumbled upon a plaque which honoured the Tamils of Sri Lanka who fought for justice from the 80’s up to 2009.

The other day on Bathurst Street, I noticed a plaque near one of those prominent synagogues, it was in front of one of those wartime apartment buildings. It read, “Actor Lorne Green from 1941 – 1944”. Remember Ben Cartwright from Bonanza? Then in Northern Ontario you see this small obscure marker which is the marker for Terry Fox’s last steps on his famous ‘Marathon of Hope’. Running on one leg, dying of cancer, he could not push himself any more. He seized running and died shortly thereafter. Hardly a soul knows of this marker because everyone is just going too fast.

The philosopher Nietzsche said that the greatest ideas occur when walking. You think and hear and see so many things that are wondrous and which has everything to do with a creator. The double rainbow of yesterday gave testimony of the amazing imagery captured in the course of a walk.

All this simply reminds me of a prayer by author, Richard A Hasler. I will modify (Krishna-ize) it:

“Lord (Krishna), so many creative people have had their imaginations stirred in the most unlikely places. Grant to me a consistency in my walking regiment, that I may be ready to hear your word (Supersoul) speaking to me, showing me things I never dreamed possible.”

7 KM

No comments: