Wednesday 8 May 2013

Monday, May 6th, 2013

For the Feet

Toronto, Ontario

I received a pair of bright orange croc wear, it was a gift; a nice gesture. They really stand out though. I’ve been looking at them. I imagine how they would appear in a woodsy trail. They might be like headlights for the moose. And if walking on the shoulder of the highway, the crocs might appear as traffic cones at a distance. I see that their bottoms have good traction. I think they’ll work great indoors and in particular in the kitchen where the floor tends to get slippery at times. As you can imagine, the colour is very strong – enough to upstage my robes. People’s eyes will naturally gravitate to my feet. That might be a good thing or a bad thing. In any event, the head will take a humble tilt slightly forward, and since humility is the pillar of success, I believe the shoes will render a great service to those that see them.

Although my spirit may come across a trite sarcastic or facetious, I genuinely appreciate the gift coming from the Grover family, they have captured the essence of Vaishnava culture. An expert in the culture is Rupa Goswami, an early 16th century saint from India who wrote that giving gifts from the heart and receiving gifts from the heart are prime devotional activities. When I see or wear those crocs I will remember the family of the heart. Bless them.

14 KM

No comments: