Thursday 8 December 2022

Monday, November 28, 2022

Yorkville, Toronto

The Positive and the Pejorative

Once again, I ended up at St. Mary’s Street when a seven-foot-tall pedestrian stopped to say something.

“Hey!” Said the bespeckled man in a longish coat, and a tuque on his head. “Hare Krishna, right?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I met one of you guys not so long ago. I got three sticks of incense from him. Do you guys still have an open house at your place on Avenue Road? I used to go there when I was a kid.”

“Our open house is on Sunday, at 6 pm, and we have a Govinda’s Restaurant in the building with the most delicious food.”

He then apologized for stopping me in the course of my walk. This politeness is quite stereotypical of being Canadian. We just say sorry all the time. Well, not all of the time. While I was waiting at the red light to cross Bloor St., at Yorkville, A cyclist used the F word towards a young woman, who was just slightly on the bike trail.

“He’s definitely not in the Christmas spirit,” I expressed to her. She smiled and took his remark with a grain of salt. There is a saying, “loose lips sink ships.” Harsh words find no place in a spiritually surcharged space. Unfortunately, our world is of the secular nature, and so you can expect pejorative thoughts and pejorative remarks.

Anyways, seasons greetings.

May the Source be with you!

5 km


 

No comments: