Monday 9 March 2020

Wednesday, March 4th, 2020


Toronto, Ontario

Back in the Swing

Back in the swing of things.  I'm walking on the streets to be nice to this body, a vehicle of honour.  With our bodies, we express ourselves best, or worst.  At best, we serve humanity, nature and the brains behind creation.  At worst, we self-serve and indulge in that which destroys us.  Take your pick.

I walked down Roxborough.  Two young men in a parked van gave me that look of curiosity.  They rolled down the window.  I thought they wanted to talk to me.  I wasn't sure so I stopped and took two steps back.  "Did you guys wanna say something to me?"

Smiles adorned their faces.  It seemed, I amused them.  Respectfully, the passenger reached to the windshield wiper.  "No! We are just having a look at this."  He held in his fingers a half-curled yellow summons slip.  Most likely a $30 fine for parking overtime.

I said, "They have no mercy." 

This morning, I was sitting in the office when one of the regular attendees popped in with his summons slip, asking if we could do something about it.  "I simply came for darshan (viewing Krishna's deity) and I got this," he said, while holding out that bright yellow paper.  He was upset at receiving it.  He hadn’t really look at the signs which read no parking before 10.  It was 9:31 a.m.  Anyway, “No mercy!”

The meter man/woman has been on the warpath, challenging everyone with a car.  I guess no one should relax.  You've got to keep on the move.  The city needs the money.  It has found sitting ducks, that is those with a car.  I feel for the ducks, although I'm not a car lover.

May the Source be with you!
5 km


No comments: