Thursday 26 March 2020

Monday, March 23rd, 2020


Toronto, Ontario

Be Determined

As I ventured west on Bloor Street,  a woman asked me for change just outside the Dollarama.

“I’m sorry,“ I said, “I don’t have anything.“

At Bathurst, I crossed over to head back in an easterly direction, and at Brunswick Avenue, I saw the woman again.  She had also crossed the street but she wasn’t about to ask me again. She was persistent though, with others.

“Do you have any change?“ she asked the next guy.

“What’s it for?“ he replied.

“So I can get something to eat…and some cigarettes.“

“No! No! Cigarettes are not essential. I’ll get you something to eat. I’ll get you some pizza.“

It looked like he was on his way to hop into the pizza place himself, just a few steps away.

“Do you want some pizza?“

She hesitated. I guess her priority was to get the sticks with fire on one end and a fool at the other.

“Okay, suit yourself.“ He went into the shop alone. I imagine a pizza was too ‘cheesy’ for her.

On my return to get my night’s attempt at sleep, I came upon a skunk. The skunk meandered around in someone’s front lawn. He was digging. He knew what he wanted and he got what he wanted—something from out of the ground. 

Know what you want and go after what you want. Hopefully it’ll be beneficial.


May the Source be with you!
7 km





No comments: