Saturday 23 November 2019

Thursday, November 14th, 2019

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Neat Building

I'm staying at Cdad. de La Paz 394, the location of the Buenos Aires ISKCON, and it’s an interesting building.  If I was a kid (and who’s to say I won’t be one again), I would be in bliss within this structure.  It was a former school.  It has all these neat hideaways and narrow-to-wide staircases, some of them so tucked away.  Whoever designed the place was artistically eccentric, I would think. The only thing missing are tunnels.  I mean, we don't have architecture or building codes like this in Canada.  Unless, of course, you consider the city of Moose Jaw, where gangster Al Capone hid himself underground during boot-legging days.

I spent most of my day next to the kitchen, in the prasadam-eating room, for our drama practices.  To get there from my accommodations, on the rooftop, I have to go through all these nooks and crannies. 

At 3:00 pm, I had an appointment with Bhakti Bhushana Swami, a monk visiting from Germany.  He stays halfway up in the building.  We had a good chat.  He had just come from a radio interview. The broadcaster addressed the problem of serious social issues in not only Argentina, but the world.  The swami's resolution was that we live in a time of confusion, and to note, that the current age is astrologically known as the Kali-Yuga, a time when enlightenment and simple self-discipline are not a priority.

I was happy he shared his interview with me, after which I was compelled by schedule to go down the back way. It was almost a secret passage.  I'm doing a lot of ups and downs on stairwells, rather than walking on level ground.

May the Source be with you!
3 km


No comments: