Monday 9 July 2018

Thursday, July 5th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

Rains Came

The rains came and hard they came
Walkers were compelled to do the same
For any shelter that might keep them dry
Umbrellas were propped and kept up high
And after the shower the coast was clear
There was little to fret and not to fear
The chocolate cream was smudged for days
On the sidewalk where Sun used his rays
The rain did its job and made it go
At a rapid pace, no cream to show
I walked up Yonge where pretentious fun
Just about captures everyone
Then Bloor where you can’t afford anything
You go there and might just want to sing
I did my song of mantra maha
It’s auspicious like when you say “svaha
I walked by Varsity to recall that once
John & Yoko were there, twas years and months
The rain purges bringing out the smells
Of fragrances from heavens, away from hells
I was in elation, and there were more
People who also got to score
Score we’ll do, we get old and die
But I won’t die, no need to cry.

May the Source be with you!
4 km

No comments: