Sunday 24 June 2018

Tuesday, June 19th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

The Invasion

It is one of those days where I cannot sulk, but be a trifle sad about not walking.  The air travel restricts the possibility.  I flew in from Calgary this morning.  By 3:15 a.m., I was off to the airport for a flight to Madrid to meet up with the Cuban connection, that is those who were or are affiliated with our mission there.

In the moments of waiting for Air Canada Flight 863 to call for passengers to get ready for boarding, I contemplated those appalling photos I had viewed from a recent National Geographic magazine covering the story of plastic.  I was shocked by the statistics and images of plastics that are currently challenging our very existence.  Our planet is becoming more of a dumping ground than I could have imagined.

One particular picture showed a sea horse in the ocean’s depth who had coiled around and was carrying a plastic Q-tip that he had found.  I was looking at the image while sitting most uneasily in the waiting room of the dental clinic.

You can see the accumulation of the shiny materials called plastic in the form of bags and bottles after the snow’s thaw.  Plastic bags fly in the air and cling onto trees. Bottles clog drains and pipes and drainage ditches.  In the clinic, I pointed out the sea horse photo to the receptionist who said, “Oh and now China is producing noodles out of plastic.”

You can go on.  We certainly must be more sensitive about our place of residence, Earth, which is becoming highly overrun by the plastic monster invasion.

May the Source be with you!
0 km




No comments: