Tuesday 6 March 2018

Saturday, March 3rd, 2018

Cleveland, Ohio

Did Something

I did something today that was rather abnormal.  I stayed in one place.  I didn’t even step into a car.  I did, however, take to the dry road and go clockwise on the crescent here in Olmsted Township.  Sidewalks weren’t fully cleared from results of the flurries.

With me was Kaustubha, a lad (devotee) whom I love to receive letters from.  He’s got this punk rock edge to his writing style.  Light humour is what comes out.  It’s entertaining.  No letter writing today, just some talking and walking in a snow-covered neighbourhood.

We did sit down at our host, Paurnamasi’s, home and along with Jake, read and reflected on “Memories” of a guru, Srila Prabhupada.  Those reflections are just the best.  The wisdom and gestures of the master are worthy of perpetual embrace.

Maureen came by with three-year-old Gerard.  Maureen’s partner, Arjuna, is in prison.  He has four more years and he’s doing great.  I managed to chat with him on the phone.  He’s seriously loved by the inmates.  I gave Arjuna initiation some years back.  His chaplain, Akilananda, gave recommendation,  saying he was worthy.  I wish him well.

Paurnamasi’s hubby, Michael, was also around in the morning.  I was trying to assist the two of them in pronunciation of our cherished Bengali and Sanskrit songs.  That was a major reason for cutting the recent CD, “Chants To Dance To” by The Walking Monk.

May the Source be with you!

5 km


No comments: