Sunday 3 December 2017

Tuesday, November 28th, 2017

Toronto, Ontario

Before Cuba

I took some time in packing and readying myself for the annual trip to Cuba.  There’s really not much to pack, to be honest.  Between myself and travelling companion, Hayagriva, we have our clothes, toiletries, bhakti books in Spanish, Indian spices to leave with Krishna devotees, and our own reading and writing material.  Hayagriva, of course, has his computer. https://instagram.com/p/BcE5Me2lfYo/

While it’s a day for placing installments into my carry-on suitcase, I also took the time for people.  There’s an actor friend who came to see me.  He’s been struggling with an addiction but is making headway into pulling away from his attachments.  Good for him.  He’s taking more refuge of Krishna.

There is also a woman, blonde, who has that striking resemblance to Joni Mitchell.  I had a few words with her, as well as Fred, who comes by almost every day to our Govinda’s for a great meal.  Fred works in retail and shows up quite exhausted after dealing with the Christmas madness.  Fred is from Timmins and has his connections with celebrity Shania Twain.

“She had a rough upbringing and lived for a while eating mustard sandwiches,” he said.

Anyway, I don’t really known Shania, only that she’s famous and was after my time.  I became a monk in ’73 so I missed a lot of the entertainment material.  Perhaps, I didn’t miss much.

What do you think, readers?  After Joni Mitchell was there much to listen to from the musical, secular point of view?

May the Source be with you!

3 km

No comments: