Tuesday 12 September 2017

Saturday, September 9th, 2017

Byron, California

6 Days 2 Go

Frankly, we have a tough time finding good walkable roads in northern California.  It’s a dangerous undertaking.  Marshall and I tackled Hwy 4 and in the dark.  No shoulder and practically a steep slope that falls into a ditch.  I’ve complained about it before.  There are few alternatives.  We try our best.  I imagine it will get more restrictive as we approach the Bay area.

We rushed to the park in Jackson for an arranged meet, promoted highly through Facebook, and the newspaper.  The overwhelming response by people in this area, was quite typical.  I will copy a sample of one person’s letter after we conducted a chant and a talk which included some of our conscious values.

“I attended your meet at Deitert Park in Jackson, California on Saturday, September 9, 2017.  I would like to thank you and your support team for sharing your life and adventures with me.  I found you and your life fascinating.  Journey safely…”

We spoke about ethical things, spiritual things and the message that Krishna told Arjuna, which is totally relevant to today’s world in which an individual becomes despondent about obligational duties.

The thirty or so folks who came were nodding at my suggestion for a car-free day in America.  Oh they were sweet.

One other sweet person I met yesterday was a Filipino priest, Pastor Edwin, of the St. Mary’s Parish in Stockton.  He knows about the Hare Krishna from his homeland.  It seems that Krishna is known.

May the Source be with you!

17 miles

No comments: