Thursday 10 August 2017

Wednesday, August 9th, 2017

Confusion Range, Utah

The Police and Reporters

The highlights of my day were before and after our mid-day meal at Gunnison Bend Reservoir.  It was also before and after the mud bath Hayagriva and I partook.  As I may have mentioned before, the two professions of people I spend most time with are reporters and policemen.

First of all, Sheriff Curtis was making his patrol in his set-of-wheels through the Reservoir when he noticed us at the picnic shelter.  Our boys were preparing kichari (rice, dahl and veg mix) with some organic black cherry juice to use as a water replacement.  We simply ran out of water and gave it a try.  During the cooking, Sheriff Curtis came over and began a chat with us that lasted for a good three-quarters of an hour.  We dwelt on many things that we share in common such as the pro-activeness of preventing crime versus the reactive response to crime.  I was happy to hear that he goes to classes of young people on topics of morals, self-esteem and such.  He was great, and we left him with a Bhagavad-gita.  He looked at the cover and pointed, asking, “This is Krishna?  And this is his warrior friend?”

“That’s right!”

Barbara Clerk from the ‘Millard County Chronicle Progress’ arrived as I was putting some finishing touches to my consumption of the kichari.  She had a ton of questions—all good.

“What do you think of the U.S. president?” 

I suggested that, “I’m all for making America great again.  We just have to get more spiritual,” was my general remark.  “Let us see ourselves as spirit souls and choose that.”

Incidentally, the black cherry-infused kichari was a smash hit.




May the Source be with you!

21 mi



No comments: