Friday 18 August 2017

Thursday, August 17th, 2017

Eureka, Nevada

Interactiveness

I found myself in the midst of three hundred or more motorcycles in Ely’s downtown in the morning.

“Was that you walking last night in the dark?  What were you doing?” asked one of them, referring to the trekking I did out in the desert.

I told him about pilgrimage and the value of it.  Apparently thousands of bikers are involved in a “Legacy” ride for raising money for charity.    https://www.legion.org/riders/legacyrun  I have, in fact, seen plenty of Harley Davidsons making their way down Hwy 50, but it’s not all just bikers who I come across.

A trucker halted his huge semi right on the road.  “Haribol,” said the trucker. “I know Krishna.  I'm from Poland.  I’ll give you a ride.”

I had to refuse, but delightedly, he and I both parted on good terms.  Truly, he had to move his vehicle.  Then a ranger stopped.  “Mountain lions and elk—that’s what you find out here.”  Indeed, the boys and I did see a majestic elk standing motionless next to the road.

I met a couple from Georgia.  They read about this U.S. walk that I'm doing in the Delta paper.  A fellow from Colorado offered water, and a couple from Utah also came to the shoulder of the road to share what H­­2­O they had.  Sally from the Bay area stopped to take a photograph and presented a donation.

A lot of interaction.  We are also now booked on Tuesday to speak at the Seniors Centre in Eureka, and the Justice of the Peace, Judge Stephen Bishop, has us up for a talk at the Lion’s Club in Ely for Wednesday.

This is all mercy!

May the Source be with you!

24 mi



No comments: