Thursday 6 April 2017

Thursday, March 30th, 2017

Toronto, Ontario

Listening

Some concerns came my way.  People want to tell of their woes.  Somehow it eases the pain.

One woman, a doctor from the Middle East, came for darshan of the deity.  She came to Canada to receive a second surgery for cancer.

“I’ve come to pray,” she said.

Another man, of Jewish descent, expressed, “I lost my wife of forty-one years.  She died of cancer.  I’m trying to adjust.  It’s not easy.”

Another person I had known reached out to me on the phone.  “I built a house for my family.  My wife asked me to leave.  My young children are asking, “Are you still our Daddy?”

The happiest story of all was expressed by my hosts of the day.  Three of us, ashram residents, went to the home of the Patel’s for a scrumptious lunch.  Mr. Patel, at retirement age, is saying, “We have run a good business for so long.  I want to sell it.  Mrs. Patel wants to hold onto it.  I want to go back to Gujarat, to my village, or Vrndavan, the village of Krishna, and live life simply.  Bobby (their son) has a good job, has a wife and they have a baby.  It’s time for me to go.”

It’s people expressing their lives’ ups and downs.  I don’t mind being a sounding board for them.  I offer to put in my two cents worth.  “Keep Krishna in the centre.”

We said our good-byes to the Patels. The other two ashram residents drove back. 

I walked.

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: