Sunday 30 April 2017

Thursday, April 27th, 2017

Toronto, Ontario

Before and After the Walk

After a walk, you come back home and are greeted with sometimes good news and sometimes not.  But it’s necessary to go away and let time play out its role.

I left the ashram in the late afternoon with monk, Karuna, to make our way to the ravine.  As I opened the door to exit, Subuddhi, a godsister in her late seventies, let me know that Balbir had passed away.  He and his family have been members for a long time.  Krishna, bless him.

Okay, I thought, I’ll dedicate the seven kilometre walk in his honour.  He was suffering, so it’s good he’s gone to a higher plateau.

Upon our return from the walk, Subuddhi came to me with another piece of news.  “Maharaja, please meet a lost soul that I found.”  She was concealing the mystery guest.  Someone stepped out from behind her.  It was Ratri, a godsister.  I hadn’t seen her in years.  She was all smiles.

It’s funny, because recently she was on my mind.  Can a monk think about a woman?  Certainly, if it’s out of concern for her well-being and if you think of her as a sister.

Ratri came to be reacquainted with Krishna.  She was inactive from Krishna’s service in recent years and so, she explained, she’s making a comeback.  She came to pick up some japa meditation beads.  She’s moved back to the city to look after her ailing mom.  Good for her. Good for her mom.

After our brief conversation, she left, but she’ll be back.

That was good news after the walk.

May the Source be with you!


7 km

No comments: