Wednesday 7 December 2016

Sunday, December 4th, 2016

Moundsville, West Virginia
  
Another Day


Another day with glorious purpose
Feeding the soul, doing all to uplift us
I spoke from a verse of the Bhagavatam
Of symptoms of Kali where you find little calm.

A Cleveland clan came then to visit
A break, a change, a bhakti deposit.
I spoke from the Gita: 9, text 2,
Of what’s confidential to me and to you.

Pilgrims did come to make an invest
To advance their soul and doing what’s best
The chanters did dance and dancers did chant
Missing the presence of those who just can’t.

Vraja and I took to the palace road,
Walking and talking with no heavy load.
We sighted an albino, a pure white deer
Smartly he dashed, for it’s humans to fear.

At Lila and Jesse’s we drank ginger light
We chatted, ate wraps—was joy at each bite
He pulled out guitar and she the flute
The songs they sang were beyond what’s cute.

The day was of glory, full and complete
I walked back on my little ol’ feet
Reviewing my input for these past hours
“Gave only half of my heart” and then there were showers.

May the Source be with you!


6 km

No comments: