Wednesday 13 July 2016

Saturday, July 2nd, 2016

Saturday, July 2nd, 2016
Sheffield, Illinois

Without Blessings

A police officer, on his highway patrol, stopped over and asked if I was needing anything.  I was moved by his offer.  I had to think quickly as to what to say in response to his openness.

“Water?” he asked.  This is the most common gift offered while on the road-- good old H2O.  My companion, Gopal, accepted the gesture.  My conclusion on this is, “Illinois has ‘cool’ cops.”

On the topic of water, related to this are my shoes.  As in the case of practically any new footwear, blisters become a reality.  It took a mean lance through each of the two balloon-like blisters to break open a storehouse of liquid (water mostly).  Uttama then cleaned and bandaged the big and tiny toes that were subject to blistering.

Thanks Uttama!

It was with great pleasure that we tagged on to the trail, a section of the Hemmapin Canal State Trail.  Water, in the form of the canal, accompanied Gopal and I for this stretch, which is really the road less travelled.

Another item to take note of with today’s occurrences was one motorist who, on Route 6, stopped her vehicle to say, “Thank you!  Thank you!  I wish there were more people like you.  I hope it’s alright to say, ‘God bless you!’”

I’m happy she stopped to let us know she’s appreciating the walking efforts.  And in return, we thank her for blessings.  Without blessings it is impossible to succeed in anything.

May the Source be with you!

18 miles 

No comments: