Wednesday 17 February 2016

Tuesday, February 9th, 2016

Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Toronto, Ontario

No Thanks, I’m…

Anne Lise, who co-ordinates chanting sessions for Bhakti Lounge, had offered to stop by with Uber Taxi to give Uttama and I a lift to the venue.  The venue was at 569 Spadina Ave. with Toronto U., at the Multi-Faith Centre.

“Anne Lise,” I said, “thank you for the offer but I really need to walk every day.  “This is my opportunity.”  So Uttama, with mrdunga drum strapped around him with care, and I took to the halk-hour trek there and back.  Common mantra for the past has been, “No thanks, I’m walking!”

Now if I may correct myself, if maya, the personification of illusion, was to be a true vixen with me I would use the mantra, “No thanks, I’m chanting.”  I would not blurt it out but mentally I would refuse to indulge in things perceived as adharmic, unprincipled.

The turn-out for the event was small.  Chris and Elizabeth showed up, and so did Kathamrta as well as Anne Lise. With Uttama and I, that makes six.  Together we did chant and together, in a circle we did dance.  That was clearly the direction we were going in.  We were making what you could say sattvic body movements, all motivated by the chant.

We got our work-out in.  We were a six-pack.

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: