Friday 27 November 2015

Saturday, November 21st, 2015

Saturday, November 21st, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario

I Am Not…
It was the second day consecutively where either my driver or my host was talking about what was on their mind.  In general, that’s what people do.  The subject of one's talk is one’s projected thoughts.

The talk was wrapped up in one subject – violence.  The hashtag words would be ‘Syria’, ‘Paris’, ‘Terrorists’, ‘ISIS’, ‘War’, ‘Refugees’.  People seem to be expressing their opinions about what to do about ugly doings which are hiding behind religion.  It is madness that seems to be under the microscope as of late.  How much of it can we take?  Also, how generous should one be, specifically for nations, considering how many refugees to receive in the wake of people being displaced and who live in fear? 

I attended devotional programs at the homes of these two individuals.  The above topics did not enter into the joyous atmosphere of our gatherings.  It was before and after that the socio-political concerns surfaced.

In general, problems always arise from the bodily conception.  The conceptions that ‘I am this body’ and ‘Anything connected to this body is mine’, are false notions.  They lead to false controlism, false territorialism, and false identity. 

The Vedas teach that, “I am not this body.  I am not Hindu, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jew, Male, Female, Black, White, etc.  I am a spirit, free from all bodily designations.”

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: