Monday 10 August 2015

Saturday, July 25th, 2015


Saturday, July 25th, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
 
Goodbye ‘Til Then
 
I calculated that it has been about a 6,500 km distance travelled by our two buses in 12 days. That’s also a lot of miles. If it wasn’t for a three day break in Toronto and if the buses had kept rolling then you could call it an ultra marathon. Nevertheless, it’s been a long journey. A good one. No insomnia of a serious nature. That’s victory.

Here we are, in Calgary, poised for procession on hip 8th Avenue. The chanting begins after the usual smash of the coconuts to the ground by sponsors of the event.

8th Avenue is basically a pedestrian zone and it ends up in the park next to the Armoury. This would be the place for our cultural presentation. It was to be a parting performance. I would be staying in Calgary for an extra day while the two buses move on to the States and Yellowstone National Park.

Once we reached the park after a good hard pull of the chariot, I sat through a great pantomime presented by the Edmonton players. Then after a meal I began scurrying about readying everyone for the bus segment of the stage program.

“Where’s Sita? She does the makeup. Where’s everyone? Where’s the cast? Have they got their costumes on yet? We don’t want to be late.” These are the mantras milling through my mind. It’s become a fairly regular thing to say it out loud or in the mind during this intensive week.

Before I bid my goodbyes to the bus crew, I felt a creeping pounding to the heart because I developed a bond with these young people. Be they in their late teens or early 20’s, I really do see saintliness in them. I feel we are really like a family.

 
May the Source be with you!

5 km

 

No comments: