Monday 6 April 2015

Wednesday, April 1st, 2015

Durban, South Africa

To Be Endorsed

It takes less than 2 minutes to walk at my normal speed, one lap or one revolution, around the temple building.  In one way it provides a sense of eternity, like you never reach a destination.  I was just curious to know.  At this rate during my precious time for mantra meditation, “Just how many times do I go around this sacred edifice?” was my question.  If my math brain doesn't deceive me, then I can be looking to doing sixty times around on an average two hour jaunt in a day.

Unfortunately, today was not one of those days.  Hours are monopolized by drama practice, but for a special treat, lunch with another monk.  Bhakti Chaitanya Swami resides here in South Africa.  It was interesting to find out that in his teen – to twenty years – he was a surfer. He and his buddies lived for that special wave from the ocean blue.  Life was simple.  “You might live in your vehicle, sleep in it.”  He then implied that you wait for that special dream wave to come from the ocean blue.

That would be ecstasy.

Like many of us in our sixties surfing the wave is out of the question.  But walking a few rounds about the Chatsworth temple is quite doable even at ten revolutions per day.  I endorse it for anyone.

May the Source be with you!

3 KM

No comments: