Friday 3 April 2015

Sunday, March 15th, 2015

Toronto, Ontario

Get Straight


The weekly Sunday Feast, or our Open House, continues to attract pilgrims, meditators, congregations, and the curious.  This event goes on at Krishna Centres all over the globe.  Here, in Toronto, there’s no exception.

A young woman by the name of Emily called, asking about kirtan.  I let her know that this is the main feature of our Sunday Feast.  She informed me that she hopes to come.

“Will it be  your first time coming?” I asked her. 

“Yes.”

“Great!”

“You know I’m there by my yellow hat,” she said.  I informed her of the time.

“6 PM”.  And she came.  I could spot her in a crowd of about 300.  Her yellow wool headpiece did stand out.  So as I was about to move to my seat to deliver today’s message to the crowd, I approached her, “Emily?”

“Yes.”  She has the biggest smile.  It just so occurred that I couldn’t find the time or arrangement afterwards, but I could see that our resident nun by the name of Nandini Radha did have some words with her. 

This is one of the main components of the Sunday Feast, it’s people (‘People…’ Barbara Streisand).  There’s people who are searching, people who want the peace of mind, people who ask themselves, “Why am I in this world?  What is life’s objective?  What is my calling?  Who am I really?”  I did speak in my pravachan (talk) about our guru, Srila Prabhupada, and all he had done to deliver kirtan to the world.  I believe this connected with Emily.  It appeared to me that Emily and her accompanying friend had a good time.  I do hope they come again. 

After the feast, the usual cleanup took place, or should take place.  I, amongst other things in the tidy up routine, went around to straighten out the pictures that had been shifted accidentally when people brushed against them.  After all, we’re here in this world to straighten out some things. It’s the human obligation. 

May Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: