Monday 23 February 2015

Sunday, February 22nd, 2015

Mayapur, India


Firm Feet


My legs are well looked after.  A brahmacari (monk) from Ujain, gives daily massages before the night's rest.  Normally I get a decent reflexology session by walking the uneven terrain (not today unfortunately).  I keep ankles and feet covered with thick socks during sitting times.  Mosquitoes look at your ankles like succulent drum-sticks.  It is also doctor's recommendation to have my legs above the level of my head.  So I kick those lower limbs up to where two walls meet allowing my blood to flow down.  Apparently this is a way to treat varicose veins.  Tiny as they are, they are a part of my karmic reality. 

It is important to get a good footing in life.  To do so, you should identify with your natural dharma, your natural psycho-physical nature and engage yourself accordingly.

I was sitting with two people I much admire - Anuttama and Jayananda both from DC - and we were talking just briefly about two passions.  I mentioned about my love for walking and also my love for working with youth and engaging them in drama.

Anuttama is a good teacher.  He's in his element.  He delivers classes in spiritual leadership.  He does it well.  Jayananda is a teacher in the area of puja (rituals for the deities).  They are both very grounded - kind of people because they are engaged according to their own propensity.

Find a good footing in life and balance like two feet, your spiritual and material endeavours.

May the Source be with you!

3 KM

No comments: