Sunday 19 January 2014

Sunday, January 12th, 2014

Houston ,Texas
 
The Open Kind
 
Americans are an open kind of people, generally speaking. That was a small group's conclusion on this last day of meeting. Nanda Suta, from Seattle, is heading up the group that will coordinate the 50th Anniversary of Krishna Consciousness coming to the US, and then, branching off from there to all corners of the world.  In the plan-making stage I've vowed to walk the U.S on  2016 which make the half a century date.  Some colleagues suggested that I be careful of right-wing red-neck dynamics, especially where Republicans are strong. It is an ear that some Canadians have about south of the border.
 
I will see it as total adventure. My host for the evening told me that Texans have an attitude towards Asians, him being from India himself.  What to do?  I am neither Asian, Canadian, American etc. I am a Spirit. I will approach the marathon walk with a view to connect with all kinds, even cowboys.
 
Regarding the conservatism of Texas, I know that they can be downright curious and not be closed up, "extroverted" might be the word.  One of the monks (brahmacharis) I spoke with as meetings came to a close, said, "I was approached by one these full-fledged cowboys  at the airport once. The guy with cowboy hat came up to me to confirm that I was actually a monk. I told him I was and then he asked, acknowledging the robes, 'Well, how do you piss?' "
 
Call it forwardness! Lack of inhibition. Blunt! Whatever! I look up to meet all those inquisitive open people. They are spirit, after all, and a little dose of Krishna can do anyone a lot of good.

May the Source be with you!

9 KM

No comments: