Sunday 19 January 2014

Monday, January 13th, 2014

Miami, Florida
 
AP (Airport Picnic)
 
It was just a stopover in Miami enroute to Guyana that made my day. We had a picnic at the airport. Murari, Garga, Buddhi and Rupa from our community came for a greeting - and plenty to eat. Honestly most airlines just don't cut it when it comes to tasty veggie food. Out of the packaging came wraps, pasta and curd.
 
Since I did not have the opportunity to be in an ashram or temple where one can view the deity of Krishna, there are some things to compensate for that - and that is the devotee. Just as one benefits from seeing the positive image of a sacred icon, the same merit is achieved by seeing and serving one on the path of bhakti.
 
Just one floor down from the Caribbean Airlines ticket booth, we sat, content as ever, serving, seeing and hearing each other. I informed our picnic circle of the successful meeting in Houston, of an apparent growth in North America. Even my host for an evening, Anil and Savatri, formally became members, and took diksha, initiation. Their new names are Abhay Charan and Sukrti respectively.
   
I also let the crew know that our "Little Big Ramayan" was well accepted and a high point for me was when one of the actors, Emdee Anderson from Jamaican descent, a dread locked chap, posed as the hair-whipping demon in opposition to Ram (laughter).
 
Time came for departure and a closure to a sweet session with the group from Miami.  We reminded each other to declare war on maya (illusion and temptation) and to not be a servant of matter.
 
Murari, jokingly asked if I put any mileage in today, pacing the halls of the airport. Embarrassingly I had to say "No". I could just as easily take count with an attached pedometer, but "No.”  I'll consider it an unregistered bonus.

May the Source be with you!

0 KM

No comments: