Wednesday 21 March 2012

Monday, March 19th, 2012

New Trail For Me

Cambridge, Ontario

Just outside Blair Village, at the edge of Cambridge (Canada) a huge banner hung high proudly reading that we had entered the largest green space in Urban Canada. Yogendra, my driver, and I were tempted to check out this area along the Grand River. We began our trek at a new developed Eco Centre, actually two century old stone home being renovated by a few guys.

We trekked a great trail amongst blackberry, beech, oak, maple and cedar. We were working up a sweat (and tempted to swim). Imagine 23 degree Celsius in mid March. Normally we could even hit a snow storm at this time. The planet is going crazy with weather conditions rather topsy turvied.

Here I attempted to cough up the lingering dust from my India trip stuck somewhere in the lungs. I tried! Here too I took to some isometric neck exercises to address a diagnosed cervical spondylitus, I believe a result from odd neck positions from being in planes. Truly, I sometimes feel like the flying monk, being in the air so frequently.

We were really enjoying the best air, the best sun and the clean snow melt coming from the north in the form of the river. All this, spiced with our mantras, made it perfect.

Our morning was an abbreviated morning sadhana with Gaura and Susan in London, Ontario, and our evening engagement was at the temple in Toronto with my night time sadhana with some verse memorization on the Gita 7:22 beginning with yo yo yam yam. Of course, I tackled a good chunk of administrative ditues. It was as our guru, Srila Prabhupada, who wanted his students to balance book study with chanting, varying services , and not to neglect health.

14 Km

No comments: