Monday 5 December 2011

Saturday, December 3rd, 2011

It Can Be Done

Markham, Ontario

I've felt so few encumbrances the last four days and I had to wonder why? Then it came to me. An inner voice spoke, "Hey, Swamiji, you haven't been in a car for that length of time." And you know, the voice was right. I've felt so liberated as of late.

If I had my way, "If I was mayor of town," as I put it to a table of people sitting around it, "I would eliminate all automobiles." Some heads bobbed as nods of approval. My confession is that I will not enter into the political field, not in this life. It's alright to dream.

For practical reasons, I and a small team of two other monks from India, a veteran vaishnav Subuddhi (our fabulous temple coordinator and cook) and one tall Gujrati pujari (priest), Guhya, made utility the principle. We used a van to drive through a superficially laid out urban sprawl. It was in Markham. What we perceived as our feat to achieve this Saturday evening was the obligation to attend three functions at once, or at least to squeeze them into a decent time frame.

Miracles, be what they are, make their ways into our life every day. Our time management played in concert with the miracle and we somehow or other covered all three venues in one evening. On top of that our inclusive Sastra Dhan (scripture sponsorship) program for the Bhagavad-gita was exhausted after the second program. It's a great program designed to engage people in the giving mode of delivering something so precious.

The words of Sri Krishna are indeed precious and it may be worthy to mark on one's calendar the advent of the Gita. December the 5th is the day by lunar movements and the best way to celebrate this master book of yoga is by reading a section and then sharing it.

All blessings!

8 Km

No comments: