Thursday 8 April 2010

Wednesday, April 7th, 2010

In the Air

In the Air Over the Atlantic

In the air back to Canada we see the screen monitors lit up with the film “Avatar”. It’s a name borrowed from India’s Vedas. I guess the word is not copy written. I don’t need to explain much about this blockbuster film. A tall, slender blue hued race is under siege by humanoids. I did not listen to the film, I only captured some of the visual. It doesn’t take much intelligence to follow the story. Blue skin is another Vedic look as found in Krishna, Vishnu, or Shiva and the Vaisnava looking forehead markings could be an accidental occurrence. The writer and director of the film is James Cameron. I recall walking through his home town in Canada. The town Kapuskasing in northern Ontario has its own charm. People were friendly – curious. One of the town’s folk that stopped to talk was a woman who had twenty siblings all from the same parents. We talked about what that was like living with all those extras.

I recall the many bear sightings and moose in that area. The media was very responsive. As I was on this plane thousands of feet in the air somehow I find a connection to the road via Avatar, the director, the town and the trail.

Personally I would take to the free road over sitting in a small cubicle up in the air but that is part of the exercise of renunciation. Flying or walking, it’s all part of the mission. Hey, those blue people flying on those winged whatever they are looks like fun.

No comments: