Wednesday 25 November 2009

Sunday, November 22nd, 2009

Hoping

Brampton, Ontario

Besides bathing in the satisfaction of seeing two showings of “Lonely People” a drama directed by you humble servant, I had contemplated while walking a tearful moment over an incident that occurred. It was at a recent gathering of someone’s home. The family hosting the devotees of Krishna also welcomed friends. The food was divine. All there enjoyed it. The spirits were high. People were satisfied with the message from the Gita and the chanting.

I stood at the entrance of the foyer ready to depart when in the midst of people joyfully chatting a person caught my eye. Children were wrapped in laughter in the next room. Excitement was in the air. The person came towards me straight as an arrow from the other end of the foyer. The look on that person’s face did not share the general consensus of the mood. There was uneasiness written all over that look that came a hand distance between us.

The eyes were transfixed on a message to me in the form of a whisper, “My spouse is having an affair. Please bless me. Bless me!”

The eyes of that person became very moist as I froze for a moment. Once again- “Bless me!”

Mantras flowed from my tongue as those worried and wet eyes darted to my heart. The spouse came over smiling at me. Pleasantries in the way of words occupied our cubical of space set exclusively for the three of us. We began to speak of the children, “Your children are adorable” I said. “They are God’s children and are worth everything. To give them their needs and every morsel of morality is a parent’s responsibility. It’s not always easy but we try and try.”

To that both husband and wife nodded and maintained smiles. I left the house for the journey home only hoping that good sense will direct their lives.

1 Km

No comments: