Friday 5 December 2008

Tuesday, November 25th, 2008

Tues. Nov 25/08 - Sydney, Australia

Moving along in the air towards the next stop in the Southern Hemisphere. I am trying to calculate mathematically my hours (gained or lost). But frustrated I conclude that to be patient is a veritable virtue for a renounced person. When I landed at the Sydney Airport I had my filled out customs card. For occupation I wrote. ``Minister Of Religion`` the terminology used in Canada. Customs looked at that with raised eyebrows, questioning followed.

``You’re a Minister of Religion`` ``What are you doing here?`` Do you have a card to verify your occupation?`` You`re only here for eight days?`` How long have you been a Minister?``

I answered smoothly the authority`s questions. They found the responses unique enough. I write dramas and direct plays for youths and walk across countries – three times across Canada.

``Oh how long does that take?``

``Six months! One day I will tackle Australia and watch the kangaroos`` (Laughter).

My host to Australia or as he puts it "The Land Of Oz" is a dear friend and long time monk, Indradyumna Swami, who also brought me to Poland earlier in the summer. He's invited me to direct his Aussie troupe for “The Gita" as a component in "Le Carnaval Spiritual" established in France in `79. Thanks for the invite.

On this first trip to this great land of wonder I felt the need to ground myself after a lengthy air travel. Cameron, another friend, took me around. On foot we passed through the executive district of North Sydney, residential areas and parks with fragrant eucalyptus trees. Nice place but like most the motorists are in the majority and pedestrians remain the minority.

5 Km

No comments: