Monday 8 December 2008

Saturday, December 6th, 2008

JFK Airport, New York

I’m back to the Northern Hemisphere. All seems not so fast and efficient at JFK – the customs lines, the security check line are slow and clumsy-running. Perhaps it’s not always like that. Whether northern or southern, down under or up above the same mood pervades. Money is hard to come by. That’s what everyone is saying – In Australia, Argentina, America and Canada. Still birds chirp in the south and the wind and snow are alive and kicking in the north.

After having landed finally in Toronto I addressed the jet lag issue by drinking liquids, bathing and going for that long walk. I decided to prod the ravine near Bayview Avenue along with Devadatta. He loves the change of seasons, appreciates the snow fresh fall like me.

For a good long while I had a chat with organizers of the festivals to come- the winter, spring and summer ones. Our projections were probing into the future and we reminisced the past pleasant events. And then someone, Krishna Caitanya, my secretary, handed me on paper one of those proverbial motivational messages which reads as follows:
The pessimist complains about the wind, the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails…..

8 Km

No comments: